At UGG Australia® we have been making sheepskin boots for over three decades in our former Brunswick factory. Operating Australia’s last and ONLY sheepskin tannery, "Roman Tannery", for footwear guarantees that we are the only one in the world processing Australian sheepskin 100% in Australia.
We are proud to promote our ‘1st Stitch Golden Tag’. We call it this because our Golden Tag is stitched in the very first step of the construction process of our sheepskin boots and cannot be replicated during any future processes. We give you our Golden Tag authenticity guarantee.
Please look for this in all your UGG Australia® boots to guarantee that you have bought a genuine Australian product.
We encourage all customers to do some research when looking to purchase any brand of Ugg Boots.
- Ensure you purchase from reputable websites or stores
- Contact details - If you can't find the business address or contact number of the business you have purchased boots from, who will help you with customer issues
There are so many sheepskin boots out there claiming to be 100% Australian Made. How can you tell one authentic boot from the rest?
What to ask your retailer when buying your sheepskin products.
- Where are your skins from?
- Where are they processed?
- Are the boots hand cut, hand stitched, hand glued in Australia?
- Ask for the address of manufacturer and tannery. There should be no reason why your retailer cannot provide you with details of the origin of your boots.
- Always check our Golden Tag label when buying UGG Australia® boots.
Our 1st Stitch Golden Tag is always located in the left boot.
All UGG Australia® products are 100% Australian made at our factory and ecologically processed at our Roman Tannery in Laverton North, Melbourne.
Purchasing from Overseas
If you would like to purchase our products from overseas please visit our international website where you will find some of our products for purchase under our International label Sheepskins Downunder at www.sheepskinsdownunder.com